some_text

Bit off more than she could chew

May 13, 2014

25 year old, Nicola Peate, from Liverpool, really did bite off more than she could chew after dislocating her jaw taking a bite of a triple patty burger.

Nicole ordered the ‘Kids in America’ burger in the city’s Almost Famous restaurant, which includes 3 patties, pretzels and candied bacon, on an outing with her fiancé.

However, Nicola could only enjoy a single bite before she was forced to hand over the burger for her fiancé to finish.

She left the restaurant with pain in her jaw, but dismissed the thought of any serious damage.

The increasing pain ended up with a trip to the doctors the following day, an x-ray confirming that Nicola had dislocated her jaw.

Nicola suffers from Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, meaning her joints are very flexible and are easily dislocated.

The doctor was able to put Nicola’s jaw back into place with his hands

The restaurant where the incident occurred have offered Nicola a complimentary burger, along with an emergency kit full of painkillers for her to use as she needs.

Nicola says that she will be more careful in the future, and if she ever encounters a burger that big again, she will be sure to cut it with a knife and fork.

Article written by  D Mulhern



Print Friendly
Chief Editor

About Chief Editor

My name is Shem Banbury. I am the owner and Chief Editor of Kiwi Kids News. By day I am a school teacher and by night a wannabe triathlete.


Comments are closed.

1

Ouch that would be sore

2

Sad I would of ate it any way

3

WOW! THAT MUST HAVE HURT!!

4

well okay>>>

5

Ouch!!!!!!

6

That would hurt.

7

annoying for the girl

8

Och

9

I like turtles

10

that looks like a very yummy burger

11

Omg

12

That sounds like a big burger!